San Antonio Public Lewdness Defense Attorney
Public Lewdness & Indecent Exposure Charges in Texas
Generally speaking, an act of public lewdness according to the Texas Penal code is public fornication. A person commits an offense when he or she knowingly engages in any of the following acts in a public place or, while another person is present who might be offended or alarmed by his or her:
- act of sexual intercourse;
- act of deviate sexual intercourse;
- act of sexual contact; or
- act of sexual contact with an animal or fowl.
An offense is punishable by a maximum fine of $4,000 and/or not more than one year in prison.
Exposure of one’s genitalia or anus in a lustful way is considered an act of indecent exposure. A person commits an offense if he exposes his anus or any part of his genitals with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person or while another person is present who might be offended or alarmed by the act.
An offense is punishable by a maximum fine of $2,000 and/or up to six months in prison.
If you are arrested for public lewdness or indecent exposure, contact our San Antonio sexual assault lawyer as soon as possible. We have a better sense of what you should and should not say to law enforcement officers to avoid being misinterpreted or misunderstood. Anthony Cantrell also can advise you or your family or friends on the bail process.
The Law Offices of Anthony Cantrell provide a Bail Bond Service to our clients. This is extremely helpful because a bail bondsman has no way to negotiate the amount of bail set at your hearing. As your criminal defense attorney, we can petition the court to set a lower bail so that you get more than just bail, you get a built in negotiator on your behalf for lower bail. We are available 24 hours a day – seven days a week if you need these services.
- Certification by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Criminal Law
- Proven track record of successes
- Emergency hearings and bail bond service 24 hours a day – 7 days a week
- Free initial consultations
- Affordable fees in writing
- Personal care and attention by an experienced Texas lawyer
Contact a Texas Lewd Conduct Lawyer
Located in San Antonio, our criminal defense attorneys aggressively represent clients charged with crimes in Central and South Texas. Contact our law office today.
- Drug Crime Defense
- Cocaine & Heroin Charges
- Drug Possession Defense
- Drug Trafficking
- Ecstasy & Hallucinogen Charges
- Federal Drug Charges
- Illegal Drug Information
- Marijuana Charges
- Methamphetamine (Meth) Charges
- Possession With Intent To Distribute
- Prescription Drug Charges
- Drug Information – Cocaine
- Drug Information – Date Rape Drugs
- Drug Information – Ecstasy
- Drug Information – Hallucinogens
- Drug Information – Heroin
- Drug Information – Methamphetamine
- Defense Issues
- Federal Offenses
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- New Braunfels Area