Providing Experienced DWI Defenses Assistance In San Antonio
A drunk driving conviction in Texas is an incredibly serious matter. Even first-time offenders face jail time, driver’s license suspension, considerable DWI penalties and fines. If you have been charged with drinking and driving, an experienced and skilled attorney can effectively protect your rights and your freedom.
At the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell, we have successfully represented countless clients charged with DWI/DUI in Texas. Attorney Cantrell has more than 20 years of experience in the area of criminal defense. He is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Criminal Law and AV-rated* under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system. You can rely on him to provide a solid and thorough defense on your behalf.
Contact our San Antonio or New Braunfels law office to schedule a free, confidential consultation.
Common Drunk Driving Defenses
As soon as our firm accepts your case, we will conduct a thorough investigation into your charge to develop an effective defense, whether this is your first or multiple DWI charge. Often, the defense will be determined if the charge involved:
- Illegal search and seizure: Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for a traffic stop to ultimately prove invalid. If the officer has no probable cause, he or she cannot stop your vehicle. Additionally, if the search violates your rights under the Fourth Amendment, any evidence gained through the search is considered inadmissible.
- Faulty or inaccurate breath test results: Often, breath test results can be called into question by asking training or procedural questions. Was the officer properly trained on the operation of the machine? Was the machine cleaned, stored and calibrated properly between uses? Were there elements present (paint fumes, vomit, medication) that influenced the results?
Depending on the factors specific to your charge, our attorneys will develop a strong defense that limits your exposure to devastating penalties such as jail time or the loss of driving privileges. When you need a knowledgeable defense lawyer on your side, do not hesitate to schedule a consultation at our firm.
Contact a Texas DUI Defense Lawyer
Do not wait to secure experienced, aggressive representation. For more information about drunk driving laws and possible defenses to your charge, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell by calling us toll free at 210-802-8217. You may also send us an email.
Spanish translation is available.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Drug Crime Defense
- Cocaine & Heroin Charges
- Drug Possession Defense
- Drug Trafficking
- Ecstasy & Hallucinogen Charges
- Federal Drug Charges
- Illegal Drug Information
- Marijuana Charges
- Methamphetamine (Meth) Charges
- Possession With Intent To Distribute
- Prescription Drug Charges
- Drug Information – Cocaine
- Drug Information – Date Rape Drugs
- Drug Information – Ecstasy
- Drug Information – Hallucinogens
- Drug Information – Heroin
- Drug Information – Methamphetamine
- Defense Issues
- Federal Offenses
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- New Braunfels Area