Anthony B. Cantrell
- Drug Crime Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Drunk Driving
- Sex Crimes
- Aggravated Assault
Anthony Cantrell - "I have always wanted to be in a profession where I could help people. While in college I was wrongfully accused of a minor criminal act. I did not violate the law and fought to clear my name. I was successful and have never forgotten how it feels to be wrongfully accused."
Anthony concentrates his practice in the areas of Criminal Defense. He primarily handles felonies such as Drug Offenses, Homicides, Sexual Assault, White Collar Crime, Parole and Probation matters. Anthony also handles Misdemeanor Offenses such as, Driving While Intoxicated, Theft, and Traffic Violations.
Getting to know Anthony Cantrell...
I became a lawyer because...I genuinely wanted to help people.
What I like most about the law is...That it really is common sense the vast majority of the time.
When you need an attorney...Find a lawyer who understands what you are seeking and is then able to get it for you. Communication is essential.
My most rewarding case was...There is no single case. When I get a "not guilty" from the jury it's always great. However, I feel just as exhilarated when we achieve a favorable compromise for a client and he leaves very satisfied.
My most disappointing case was...A capital murder client who was guilty and did not accept a plea bargain that would have spared his life.
I founded the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell because...I want to help people who need a good lawyer to help them solve their problem.
What makes the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell different from other lawyers?...We do our best to help our client by understanding their needs and then getting the job done.
I was very pleased to be described as..."You are someone who cared about me" spoken by a young juvenile in detention.
My friends describe me as...dedicated and smart
My opponents describe me as...relentless on my client's behalf
Someone I really admire is...a friend, Karl Bradick, 84 years old, living on Canyon Lake; Texas truly enjoying and appreciating life that God has given him
My favorite quote is..."Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat."
When not at work, I enjoy...being with my son.
Manslaughter, Murder and Capital Offenses
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D.; 1986-1989
- Honors: Intern at University of Texas School of Law Criminal Defense Program
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. Biology; 1978-1982
- Honors: Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Honors: Beta Beta Beta Honor Society
- Honors: Dean's List Texas A&M University
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- The College of the State Bar, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association Criminal Law Committee, Member, 1992
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified, Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court