Defending Texans From Assault Charges
Did a disagreement with a family member get a little out of hand? Has an ex-spouse or former partner trumped up charges against you in an act of revenge? Were you arrested while you were just having a little fun with your friends? Did you know that the police can pursue a criminal case against you even if the person you allegedly assaulted does not wish to press charges?
If you or a loved one is facing assault charges, you may feel you have nowhere to turn. Fortunately, a skilled criminal defense lawyer is just a phone call away. If you are facing charges in or near New Braunfels or San Antonio, an assault defense attorney from the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell can help you.
What Is Assault?
Every state defines the crime of assault a little differently. In Texas, an assault charge must be taken seriously as it can lead to an extended time in jail, thousands of dollars in fines and a long-lasting effect on your personal and professional relationships.
With more than 20 years of criminal law experience and a reputation for aggressive and successful representation, attorney Cantrell defends Texans from all types of assault charges. Some common assault crimes include:
- Assault and battery: Two separate crimes that may be charged as misdemeanors or felonies
- Disorderly conduct: A catch-all crime that involves disruptive behavior that is not dangerous to the public
- Domestic assault: A form of domestic violence charged as a Class A misdemeanor
- Sexual assault: Committing a sexual act without consent of the other — force is not needed
Examples of other types of assault charges include:
- Assault of a police officer
- Aggravated assault
- Resisting arrest
- Vehicular assault
Why Choose The Law Offices Of Anthony B. Cantrell For Your Assault Defense
When you hire our law firm, we are fully committed to protecting your rights and your freedom. Within 24 hours, we will meet with you at your location to begin constructing a defense strategy that fits your unique circumstances. We even post bonds for some of our clients in order to save them time and money.
Contact our office right away so we can start working on your case and so that important evidence can be preserved. Call us toll free at 210-802-8217, at 210-888-9653 in San Antonio or at 830-606-0222 in New Braunfels. You may also contact us online. Your initial consultation is free.
- Drug Crime Defense
- Cocaine & Heroin Charges
- Drug Possession Defense
- Drug Trafficking
- Ecstasy & Hallucinogen Charges
- Federal Drug Charges
- Illegal Drug Information
- Marijuana Charges
- Methamphetamine (Meth) Charges
- Possession With Intent To Distribute
- Prescription Drug Charges
- Drug Information – Cocaine
- Drug Information – Date Rape Drugs
- Drug Information – Ecstasy
- Drug Information – Hallucinogens
- Drug Information – Heroin
- Drug Information – Methamphetamine
- Defense Issues
- Federal Offenses
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- New Braunfels Area