Two Separate Crimes; Two Serious Crimes
Did you know that assault and battery are two separate crimes? Although most people hear the words used together, they refer to different types of crimes, each carrying different penalties.
The Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell, with two locations in San Antonio and New Braunfels, defends clients who are facing criminal charges in Texas. If you have been arrested for any type of crime, it is important to understand the charges against you and to hire an attorney who will aggressively defend you.
Helping You Understand Battery And Assault Charges In Texas
Assault and battery crimes may be charged as minor misdemeanors or as serious felonies. It is important to hire a lawyer who will carefully review the details of your case so that you are not wrongfully or incorrectly charged.
- Assault: Assault is an attempt to injure another and can include intentionally putting another in fear of being harmed. Physical harm is not required.
- Battery: Physical contact is required for a charge of criminal battery. Although it usually includes an actual injury or physical harm, it may also include unwanted touching.
We understand what you need and fight to get it for you.
Our Promise To You
At the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell, you will have peace of mind knowing that your case is in the skilled hands of a knowledgeable and experienced San Antonio assault and battery defense attorney. When you hire our firm, we promise the following:
- Your initial consultation with our lawyer is completely free.
- You can contact our firm when you need us — at any time of day or night.
- You will be vigorously defended at every step of the way.
- We will apply more than 30 years of criminal law experience to your case.
- We are committed to protecting your rights and your freedom.
Choosing the right attorney for your defense is extremely important. Contact us at the first sign of trouble to schedule your free consultation. You can send us an email or call us at our San Antonio or New Braunfels offices at 210-888-9653. Spanish translation is available.