Aggressive Criminal Defense For Federal Drug Charges
If you are under investigation or have been charged with a federal drug crime in South Texas, you are facing serious penalties and time in prison, if convicted. Don’t accept whatever the federal prosecutor may be offering as a plea agreement. Hiring an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer is your best strategy for getting your charges dismissed or reduced, or for getting the best possible outcome if an acquittal is not possible.
Call the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell in San Antonio or New Braunfels as soon as possible after questioning or arrest.
How Do Drug Charges Become A Federal Crime?
Prosecutors have the option of charging people with a federal offense if any of the following circumstances are involved:
- Arrested on federal property, including national parks
- Arrested by an agent from the federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Use of the U.S. Post Office or internet in the commission of the crime
- Transporting illegal narcotics across state lines or U.S. borders
- Involvement with a co-conspirator charged with a federal narcotics offense
- Trafficking involving money laundering or counterfeiting
- Prescription drug fraud through federal Medicare or Medicaid programs
Arrested By Local Police, But Charged With A Federal Offense
Local police often work with the FBI and DEA officials during initial investigations of narcotics crimes. Depending upon the circumstances, local or federal prosecutors may have jurisdiction over prosecution of the case. In most cases, felony charges will be filed in either federal or state court. Except in unusual instances involving federal property, misdemeanors will typically be filed in state court.
In most cases, penalties for a conviction on federal felony charges will be significantly more severe than state penalties. Whenever possible, attorney Cantrell will work to have federal charges reduced to the state level, except in circumstances where keeping the case in federal court is to your advantage.
Contact The Firm Right Away
Call the firm’s offices in San Antonio or New Braunfels as soon as possible to schedule an opportunity to meet with attorney Anthony Cantrell in a free consultation.
- Drug Crime Defense
- Cocaine & Heroin Charges
- Drug Possession Defense
- Drug Trafficking
- Ecstasy & Hallucinogen Charges
- Federal Drug Charges
- Illegal Drug Information
- Marijuana Charges
- Methamphetamine (Meth) Charges
- Possession With Intent To Distribute
- Prescription Drug Charges
- Drug Information – Cocaine
- Drug Information – Date Rape Drugs
- Drug Information – Ecstasy
- Drug Information – Hallucinogens
- Drug Information – Heroin
- Drug Information – Methamphetamine
- Defense Issues
- Federal Offenses
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- New Braunfels Area