Federal Bank Fraud Defense Lawyer
The occasional telling of a little white lie or a distortion of the truth is common and generally accepted in today’s society. Sometimes the truth is bent to protect feelings or to maintain certain perceptions. In the eyes of most people, these types of alterations of the truth are harmless and carry with them few if any consequences. When banks review loan and mortgage applications, however, they may see things differently, often considering these types of indiscretions to be fraud.
Serious Legal Representation For Serious Federal Charges
If you have been questioned by a federal investigator about a loan or the accuracy of a financial application at a bank or mortgage lender, you may be under investigation for bank fraud. Call the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell in San Antonio or New Braunfels to start protecting your rights as quickly as possible.
Common bank fraud charges often involve:
- Lying on an application for a loan
- Buyers taking out a second mortgage to cover the down payment of the initial loan without the lenders knowledge
- Investors engaging in a process known as equity skimming by using a false credit report, and a non-existent or straw buyer to acquire property in the straw buyer’s name
Times Are Changing
Mortgage fraud is a crime that has not been pursued until fairly recently, due in large part because it is difficult to prove whether or not someone intentionally left pertinent information off of their application. Currently these types of cases are aggressively pursued and if you are being accused of mortgage fraud, you need the most experienced and formidable attorney in south Texas.
Experience You Can Count On
Attorney Anthony Cantrell is a skilled and dedicated law professional with years of experience in the area of federal criminal law. Regarded as one of the pre-eminent criminal defense attorneys in the area, he holds credentials in Criminal Law certification from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Contact For A Free Consultation
Bank fraud charges are serious. They won’t go away on their own. Call the Law Offices of Anthony B. Cantrell or contact the firm by email to schedule a free consultation right away.
- Drug Crime Defense
- Cocaine & Heroin Charges
- Drug Possession Defense
- Drug Trafficking
- Ecstasy & Hallucinogen Charges
- Federal Drug Charges
- Illegal Drug Information
- Marijuana Charges
- Methamphetamine (Meth) Charges
- Possession With Intent To Distribute
- Prescription Drug Charges
- Drug Information – Cocaine
- Drug Information – Date Rape Drugs
- Drug Information – Ecstasy
- Drug Information – Hallucinogens
- Drug Information – Heroin
- Drug Information – Methamphetamine
- Defense Issues
- Federal Offenses
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- New Braunfels Area